Want to collaborate? Tweet to us at @WhiskyBeans.
Simon is a software engineer who has had the good fortune of being able to tour the world of whiskies and coffees, known by name at The Brandy Library in Tribeca, NYC and called a coffee junkie by local espresso bars in London. He is always on the lookout for new whiskies and coffees to try.
- Current favourite coffee: Ethiopia Konga Yirgacheffe, from Small Batch Coffee
- Current favourite whisky/whiskies: The Dalmore Castle Leod
Coffee gear: Vibiemme Domobar Junior HX and Mahlkönig Vario
Got into coffee because of Simon, the aeropress and high quality coffee beans. Experiencing new whisky and coffee since 2012. Will be writing about whisky, different coffee beans and coffee shops from around the UK and Finland. Working in software, love knowledge management and passionate about service quality & employee happiness.
Likes smooth and fruity coffee, black. Enjoyed her best soy latte so far by Joe’s in NYC. Prefers smooth, gentle and fruity whisky as well, but also ones with great but subtle character. Not a huge fan of very smoky and peaty individuals. Called a “sophisticated whisky drinker” by a World of Whiskies employee.
- Current favourite coffee: Ethiopia Guji by Kaffa Roastery, Whisky Coffee by Roundsquare Roastery
- Current favourite tea: Powdered matcha
- Current favourite whiskies: Glenmorangie Nectar D’or, Tomintoul 16yo, Jura Prophecy
Coffee gear: Aeropress, Clever dripper, Hario syphon and Wilfa Svart grinder, eyes & hands